Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Canteen Lunch

Many of you know that here in China, companies must provide lunch for their employees.  Several previous visitors have expressed their dislike for the free lunch served at the plant canteen.  So, you can imagine that I was very worried about eating there for an entire month.  However, I was surprised.  I think the food is pretty good (it is still cafeteria food after all), and honestly, I have never had an issue finding something I want to eat. 

Here are a few of my lunches: 

Chicken, pork, fish, veggies w/ eggs and ham, mystery veggies and cabbage, rice



plums, squid with veggies, rice, noodles with soy sauce, cabbage and mystery veggie


veggies, noodles in soup with pork dressing, veggies with soy beans

See the lunch is not bad.  You can make it work, even if your palette is not as easily appeased as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment