Saturday, July 6, 2013

Best Chinese Law Ever!

Just 10 minutes ago, I was given an ice cream bar by one of my Chinese coworkers.  I thought it was pretty random, but I never turn down free ice cream.

It turns out that I was given the ice cream because of a Chinese law that requires that corporations make their employees comfortable on very hot days.  As laws are open to interpretation, my company decided that providing ice cream bars to each employee was the best way to comply.  I agree.  Yay! Ice cream for me.


The most delicious legal requirement.


I am not really wure what the green ice was flavored with.  I think it was green tea.  Inside there was a big bubble of sweetened condensed milk.  The center was mostly red bean.  It was very tasty.  By the way, isn't that box so beautiful?  I just love it.

Another interesting China tidbit... Avril Levine is the spokes person for some sweet tea.  She is everywhere. 


The tea isn't bad, its just that the flavor is too extreme for my palette.  It is both super sweet, but also insanely sour.   




No comments:

Post a Comment