Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Saturday Night on the Town- Part I

After returning to Shaghai from Suzhou, I decided to go for a walk.  I chose a station close to the heart of the city, People's Square, and started walking.  The first half of my walk was hectic and full of people.  The second part was much more calm and relaxing. 

Here are some photos I took on the first half of my walk.  I will post the rest soon. 

As soon as you step out, there are people everywhere!



All of these buildings house malls, clothing stores, chinese medicine stores, Pizza Huts, KFCs, you name it, its there.

Yup, more people

This street made me think of that Seinfeld episode where the Kenny Rogers Roaster place opens up near Kramer.  He goes insane because of the red neon glow in his apartment.

Neon, neon everywhere


Open air plaza with a view

Old timey building lit up so it can be seen from space



So much neon, it will fry your brain

Another old timey lookin building

This photo is for my little brother, check out this fake Lacoste store!

Ladies dancing for exercise

A gate leading into a side street

This guy was giving it his all

I liked the over the top neon on this sign
Even though I was down town, there was another center of skyscrapers in the distnace

The Shanghai haze sets in for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment