Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bloggin From China is More Difficult Than Expected

Sorry about the lack of updates.  I thought i had done my homework about blogging from China.  For those of you out of the lopp, China does not allow it's citizens, or people living in China access to most Western social media.  Sites like Blogger, Twitter, and most of Facebook, are blocked.  You type in the address, and your computer goes no where.  Well, peopple here have found a work around.  its called a Virtual Private network, VPN.  I am lucky enough to have a VPN through work, but most expats and Chinese have to pay for the service.  So I thought I was ready.  it turns out that VPN is soooo slow.  It is around the same speed as dial up.  Yeah! You remember dial up? 
As a result, I will try my best ot post regularly, but I might have ot post several days worth of writting at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment