Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Shanghai Classic

On Sunday, I decided to dine at the dumpling chain of lore, Din Tai Fung.  This place turns out thousands of dumplings an hour, and because their kitchen is open, you can watch as the deliciousness gets stuffed, folded, and steamed.

I settled on the mushroom dumplings:



These were so good.  They were full of wonderful mushroom flavor.  There must have been at least 4 kinds of mushrooms in the filling.  I really loved eating these. 

And the pork and crab roe xiaolongbao:

As always with soup dumplings, I ended up wearing some of the juice.  (FYI: My coworkers have taught me how to eat soup dumplings, and as a result, dumpling related food stains have been reduced by 66.7%).  The flavor in these was really strong.  I loved how fresh the crab tasted.

By the way, sorry about the less than fantastic pictures; this chain is notorious for yelling at people who photo the food.  I had to do it on the dumpling down low.

No comments:

Post a Comment