Sunday, June 2, 2013

Positivity

Today, I had a very tough morning.  After waking up at 4:45 AM and not being able to go back to sleep, I had to get up and get ready for the Oyster Festival.  I am helping my husband's restaurant sell food at the festival.  I was having a tough time finding my way there.  Then I got pulled over because I was driving all over the place, Wo3 mi2 lu4 la.  I find an amazing parking space (I was driving a pick-up), no small feat in the French Quarter.  At that point I realize there are about $400 worth of oysters in the bed of the truck.  More bad things happen...

After parking, I was walking to the festival, when I decided to stop by my favorite candy store in the world, Southern Candymakers.   This place makes the best candy so I knew it would cheer me up.  The owners opened early to let me in and as soon as I took a bite, I knew my day was all better.  The rest of the day was great. 

My point is that because I was in a good mood (due to candy), my day improved very quickly.  My positivity made people be so nice to me for the rest of the day. 

Recently, people have been telling me that I have a very positive attitude about the possibility of going to China.  They think I am CRAY-CRAY.  My hope is that if I have a positive attitude about my trip, then it will be a great trip.  Maybe if I have a positive attitude every day I am there, then every day will turn out as great as today did.

No comments:

Post a Comment