Thursday, May 30, 2013

Apps for Travel: Explore Shanghai

As I said in my previous post, I plan on taking advantage of my time in Shanghai to be able to explore the city and the surrounding  region.  Having lived in Chicago for many years, I believe that the best way to explore a city is through its public transportation.  The El was my way of learning Chicago one stop at a time.  I hope that the Shanghai Metro will be my gateway to the city.

For that reason, the first Shanghai app I downloaded on to my phone, was Explore Shanghai Metro Map.  This app has a complete map of the Shanghai Metro that is updated periodically.  There are a lot of ofther features like GPS to help find the nearest station, a route planner, and street maps for every station.  The best part... it works offline.  I don't need to worry about having a data connection.

So I covered the good, lets move on to the bad.  Most of the complaints are about how the time estimate from the app is always 15 to 20 minutes too short.  I will just make sure to leave a little early. 

I will of course update as I begin to use the app in Shanghai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment