Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I want to go to there...

As my travel to Shanghai will be for work, I won't have too much time to travel out of the city, so I plan to make the most of my weekends.  So far, I have the following places in mind:

Suzhou - Referred to as the Venice of the East by many, Suhou is a small town just outside of Shanghai, that is crossed by beautiful canals.  At one point, Suzhou was a center of silk export.  Majestic and grand Chinese gardens were built by the wealth created from the silk trade.  Many of the gardens still exist today, and are open for quiet contemplation.

Hangzhou - Called by Marco Polo, "the City of Heaven, the most beautiful and magnificent in the world."  The city is on the shore of lake Xi Hu, which has amazing views of the Chinese country side and many temples and ancient sights.

Beijing - The capital of China.  Tian'anmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, the list goes on and on.  Also, I plan of seeing the Great Wall in Badaling, just outside of Beijing.

Xi'an - Home to the Terracotta Army

Datong - The Hanging Temple is located on a cliff face just outside of the city.

Chengde - Where Chinese royalty spent the summer months.

Obviously, I would love to see more of China, this is just a starting point.  I will be updating this list regularly.  Also, I will be posting my preliminary itineraries for each trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment