Saturday, June 8, 2013

Where to Stay? Where to Stay?

Although it isn't final yet, not a 100% sure, only 80%, my travel date for Shanghai was set yesterday.  I fly out from New Orleans on June 23rd.  I am so happy to finally have a travel date.  At the same time, I know that I will be leaving some people behind, and I won't see them until I have a chance to visit Germany. 

My next challenge is finding a place to stay in Shanghai.  Although the plant I will be working at is in Shanghai, it is about an hour and a half from downtown.  There are hotels within a ten minute drive.  However, these hotels won't allow me to explore the city.  I can stay in the city in the Jing'an Temple neighborhood, resulting in a long drive to and from work.  There is the middle ground of Pudong but it sounds like the worst of both worlds, far from work and far from downtown.  At this point, I am leaning towards Jing'an Temple.  I hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment