Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Resources for Train Travel

Over the last few weeks, I have been scouring the internet for trip planning resources.  I will not have a car while in Shanghai, so I will need to get around on the trains.  Like most European countries, China has a very developed train system.  However, the accessability of information, from abroad, is lacking.  Thankfully, I have found "The Man in Seat 61." This site is full of information about the train travel in various contries.  In China section there are photographs of the different classes of service, restaurant cars, and even the train stations.  On of the most use photographs is a great reference for reading and understanding your train ticket. 

The Man in Seat 61 helped me find "China Travel Guide" for service schedules and fares.  I have compared the time tables on China Travel Guide to other websites, and have found them to be in agreement. 

With these two resources, I am ready to plan my train travel through China!

No comments:

Post a Comment